- Turkeys do not see well at night.
Though they can not see well at night, their day time vision is way better than humans.
- Gobbling turkeys can be heard from a mile away on a quiet day.
- Wild turkeys can run up to 20 mph.
Turkey’s are able to run faster because they are known to be lighter birds.
- 50% of U.S. consumers eat turkey at least once per week.
- Only male turkeys gobble.
This is because the male turkey gobbles to attract the hens.
- Turkey’s head and neck change colors when they are excited.
The colors range from red, blue and white.
- There is approximately 5,500 feathers on an adult wild turkey.
Eighteen of the feathers make up the male’s distinct fan.
- Turkey’s have great hearing but no external ears.