Back in September of 2016, Samsung came out with their new phone, the Samsung Galaxy Note 7. By the following October, there were 35 reported cases of the phone overheating and sometimes catching fire. The company had to recall all of the phones sold, which was over one million. To try to fix their mistake, Samsung replaced the phones that exploded. Five of the replacements had the same problem as before. Samsung had to stop manufacturing Note 7’s all together. It was later discovered that faulty batteries were the cause of the problem. The batteries they used had holes in them, which caused combustion when plugged in.
(above- heating note 7 after being plugged in
Below- damage the phone has caused)