Science Experiment of the Week:
Make a volcano
By Kali Gipson
- Baking Soda (not baking powder)
- A container to hold everything to avoid a mess
- Paper towels or cloth (just in case)
- Place some baking soda into the container
- Pour in some vinegar
- Watch as the reaction takes place!
How It works:
The baking soda is a bse while the vinegar is a acid. When they react they form carbonic acid which is very unstable, it instantly breaks apart into carbon dioxide and water, which creates all the fizzing.
You can craft a model volcano to go with your vinegar and baking soda reaction.