- The earliest recorded reference to April Fools’ Day was in Canterbury Tales in 1392.
- Burger King put an ad in USA Today for April Fools’ Day in 1998 that introduced a “Left-Handed Whopper.”
- French children have a joke for April Fools’ Day called April Fish where they tape a picture of a fish on somebody’s back.
- A BBC radio astronomer told listeners on April 1, 1976 that at 9:47 a.m. that day the conjunction of Jupiter and Pluto would take place. He said that if you were to jump in the air at that exact time, you would feel like you were floating.
- On April Fools’ Day in 1996, Taco Bell joked about buying the Liberty Bell. They said they were changing their name to the “Taco Liberty Bell.”