- Guatemalan adults do not exchange Christmas gifts until New Year’s Day. However, the Guatemalan children get their presents on Christmas morning.
- The traditional Christmas flower, the poinsettia, originally grew in Mexico. It was first brought to America in 1829.
- In Finland it is believed that Santa rides on a goat named Ukko.
- There is a town called Santa Claus in Indiana as well as Santa, Idaho.
- The Christmas song “Jingle Bells” was originally titled “One Horse Open Sleigh.”
- Artificial Christmas trees have outsold real ones since 1991.
I hope everyone has a great Christmas and Christmas break! Be safe and enjoy your family and friends!