- McDonald’s fast food chains employ over 1.5 million people around the world.
- Cutting onions releases a gas which causes a stinging sensation when it comes into contact with your eyes. Your body produces tears to dilute the irritant and remove it from your eyes.
- Examples of food and cuisine that are popular or famous in certain areas of the world include hummus in the Middle East, apple pie in the USA, raw fish in Japan, cheese in France, roast meat and vegetables in England, curry in India, and tortillas in Mexico.
- The sweet potato is a root vegetable and is not closely related to the potato.
- China is the largest producer of garlic, producing over 10 million tons in 2008 and accounting for over 75% of world output.
- The average apple contains around 130 calories.
- Around 70 million people suffer from food poisoning every year with around 7 million of these cases being fatal.