1. You don’t have to decide on a major! Most college freshmen don’t choose a major until they are finished with their basics.
2. Don’t spend a fortune on textbooks. Honestly, in most classes you will barely open your textbook. Try to find used textbooks or order them offline. They’re sometimes cheaper!
3. Find a flexible job. It’s very difficult to maintain a good GPA and also work a full-time job. Most campuses will offer a work study program that only allows students to work around their college schedule!
4. Check your college e-mail ALL the time! Already, I’ve received so many emails. It’s important not to overlook important information.
5. Tour the campus. After you get your schedule, find your classes and plan your route. Getting lost on the first day isn’t how you want to kick off the year!