- The technical term for a cat’s hairball is a “bezoar.”
- A cat can’t climb head first down a tree because every claw on a cat’s paw points the same way. To get down from a tree, a cat must back down.
- Cats make about 100 different sounds.
- A cat’s hearing is better than a dog’s.
- Cats can travel at a top speed of approximately 31 mph over a short distance
- A cat can jump up to five times its own height in a single bound.
- Over 30% of households in North America own a cat.
- A cat cannot climb head first down a tree because its claws are curved the wrong way.